Are you a Landlord? Landlords must be able to provide their tenants with an up-to-date Gas Safety record. By law, landlords must have all gas appliances serviced regularly, normally once a year by a Gas Safe registered engineer. The Gas Safe registered engineer will provide a Gas Safety record upon completion of the check.
What information does the Landlords Gas Safety record contain?
As a minimum, the record of a gas safety check will contain:
- description and location of each appliance and/or flue checked
- name, registration number and signature of the engineer who carried out the check
- date on which the appliance and/or flue was checked
- the address of the property at which the appliance and/or flue is installed
- the name and address of the landlord (or his agent where appropriate)
- any defect identified and any action required or taken to fix it
- Confirmation of the results of operational safety checks carried out on the appliances.
Are a gas safety check and a service the same thing? Not quite. A service includes a thorough clean of the appliance as well as the gas safety checks. For a gas safety check or a service, essential safety checks are done to make sure gas fittings and appliances are safe to use. These checks include;
- checking the flue or chimney to make sure the products of combustion (fumes) are being safely removed to outside.
- checking there is an adequate supply of fresh air so the gas burns properly.
- checking the appliance is burning the gas properly.
- checking all safety devices are working properly and shutting the appliance off if a fault occurs.
Anders Heating Company Ltd have an automated reminder system in place which will notify you when your landlord certificate or service is due. We work closely with private landlords and estate agents and are known for are great customer service.
For more information or to speak to someone directly… Call 01844 281900 or send us an email
The Old Inn, London Road, Postcombe OX9 7ED